Saturday, July 21, 2007

FRACTURED FAIRY TALE

I've started a new story. i think it's frankly hilarious and would love to see it made into a movie by pixar. i think it's right up their alley. or dreamworks. they'd love it too. anyway i think the technical term for what the story is is a fractured fairy tale. fairy tales have always intrigued me and i always wanted to write twists to the well known classics. sleeping beauty and snow white and all that. anyway I've got the story started and I'm anxious to see how it turns out. the problem is i still haven't finished my other books I've started. but i do plan this one to be a short chapter book for kids like the Cordelia story I'm working on. anyway I've got snow white, sleeping beauty, Cinderella, Rapunzel, and the last one is a mix of rose red, beauty (and the beast) and the princess from frog prince. and they're all sisters. well some are step-sisters. but they go through life together and have fun with each other's weaknesses and gullibilities. they also all get along well and love each other dearly. they're even loved by their parents. it's the princes that are the problem. well not all of them but some of them anyway. and some of them just can't help it. one is gorgeous but full of himself. one is hideously ugly. one doesn't want to be king. one falls in love with every girl he sees and with 5 beautiful princesses he seems.... well.... i would say 2-timer but he would really be a 5-timer. he doesn't mean to be he's just so in love with all of them that he can't make up his mind. another prince is just your average joe of princes. and another prince is maliciously evil. i may add more of these rescuers of damsels in distress as the story progresses. but that's what i have to start with. i hope it turns out as funny as i think it will.

2 comments:

Rose said...

I wouldn't post this online. Someone could steal your idea. I'd finish your book first and publish it, so you retain the copyright.

Rose said...

It's been almost two months. Time to update your blog.