Are you ready for another brilliant idea? OK OK OK so it's not as brilliant as the last one but I can definitely see dollar signs. Ready?
Glass furniture.
Not just tables and lamps but couches and chairs!
They would come with all rounded edges or prechipped edges smoothed over just in case someone is worried about getting a chip and looking tacky. It would be cushioned of course and the fabric would be washable. Talk about hypo-allergenic! It would be easy to clean out crumbs and toys and remote controls!
The only downside that I can see is that it would weigh a ton. Perhaps modern technology can help us out with that though.
I can totally see this selling big time to the wealthy with the big fancy shmancy houses. It will be the new craze of Hollywood.
9 comments:
You dorknob! If you're going to go for something expensive and impractical like that (which is easily breakable) why not make it out of titanium? It's strong, lightweight, durable, and very hypoalergenic (nickel is the metal that most people are allergic to so steel isn't as good for that). It doesn't tarnish or rust either. It is also rather aestheticly pleasing.
Oh, and titanium (assuming it's not buffed) doesn't leave tons of fingerprints and ugly smudges like glass does. You gotta keep cleaning glass or else it looks like crap.
that is why it is important to create specialty glass
easily breakable? i was thinking solid glass. and while we're at it why not do titanium AND glass then we can appeal to the bachelors as well
SOLID glass? Whoa, talk about expensive. That's a lot of glass. Glass ain't cheap ya know.
Don't think it would be too kid-friendly, so I would never purchase it, but it would be cool-looking.
I say plastic is the wave of the future. Thick plastic, lighter weight than glass, see through, hypo-allergenic, not as breakable, etc. Course it'd have to be about 3 inches thick (or so) to hold a full-grown man, if it's made of s-shape folded sheets.
So Beth, have you given up on the whole Blogging thing? Life too rich to sit down and write a new entry? I hope so!
you HOPE so? why i outta....
Post a Comment