School is rather phooey. And I don't particularly care for it. Probably because of the way it is carried out and the methods by which our intelligence is judged. For example I CAN NOT STAND IT when I have to fulfill a required amount of words or pages to explain something so simple as to be summed up in three sentences. When a student is forced into writing just so much the intelligence of the paper or essay goes down and the hot air goes up. Hot air rises eh? Yes it does. The more a person must write the more hot air goes into it. The problem is the hot air rises but the grade may or may not. It depends on how good your hot air is. Instead of grading hot air and how many pages and how many words, teachers need to grade the information simply for information's sake. If the question is answered or the situation explained or whatever then that should be the basis for the grade. Not how long it is. It is being forced into writing these hot air papers and essays that have to do a lot with how much I hate school. And I have learned that my current school is worse in this way than any of my previous ones. It upsets me. I'm supposedly going to a very good school but I don't see it. I am heartily glad that I am only here for the summer to learn what the place is really like. So far I am not impressed. But I suppose someone will inevitably say my next school will be the same way. Maybe. Maybe not. I hope not. I like to be tested/quizzed/homeworked for my knowledge. Not how well I can expend hot air.
2 comments:
Yeah, I had professors like that. Truth be told, I just wrote what was neccesary instead of fulfilling the word requirement. I discovered something. If they docked me it's because they wanted me to dig down a few more levels, if they didn't it was because they figured I said it thoroughly in a few words. Oh sure, they ranted about making sure there were enough words, but when it came down to it, it was something else they were after.
So... what's your point? :) Just kidding. I can relate. Why write a 15 page paper when 3 will cover the material better, with less fluff.
Post a Comment