Thanksgiving is coming!
"That's the day when we try to eat every turkey, cranberry and pumpkin on the face of the planet." --Garfield
I love all the good food. Turkey. Stuffing. Mashed potatoes. Salad. Banana bread. Dinner rolls. Biscuits. Homemade applesauce. Cottage cheese. Pickles. Black olives. Cheese covered veggies. Apple pie. Cherry pie. Pumpkin pie.
I love pie!
Not only is it a day of good food it is a day of gratitude.
Gratitude is often talked of in Church. They always say that we need to have an "Attitude of Gratitude." How does the Lord know to give me more blessings if I never express to Him that I appreciate what He has already given to me? In an old movie called "White Christmas" Bing Crosby sings a song about counting our blessings. I know that when I count my blessings every day I am happier person.
Life is good. I should not blow it on negatism.
I need to enhance it with Thanksgiving!
And good food too.
Hooray! for Happy Holidays!!!!!
3 comments:
I'm thankful for the flesh of animals to eat.
ME TOO!
um..... i was in the conference center when he gave that talk.
Post a Comment